Saturday, February 14, 2009

My First Baby is Almost 12!

In my church, I serve in the Young Women's, specifically, I am a Beehive Advisor. Beehives are the 12 and 13 year olds. The other night, we had our New Beginnings program, that is where all the girls who will be turning 12 during that year are invited to sort of an open house where they get to find out more about the Young Women's program. My oldest, Hannah, turns 12 in August, so she got to go with me to New Beginnings. She was so excited to go, she can't wait to turn 12 and attend Young Women's. She also found out that night that she gets to attend Girls Camp this summer, because she turns 12 before the end of the summer, she was super psyched about that. This choked me up a little bit, I am amazed that she has grown up so fast. It seems like just the other day we were taking her home from the hospital, and here she is, practically a teenager! I thought I would take turns spotlighting each of the kids, so here is Hannah:

Hannah (aka Hannah Banana) is such a good girl. If there is one word to describe Hannah, it is Funloving. She loves to have fun. She is one of the most social kids I know. She has friends of all ages. She is nice to her little cousins. Her favorite things to do are to hang out with friends, snowboard, golf and play the piano. She is such a good big sister, and a great helper to me. Here she is with her sister, Emma.
Last month she gave us a big scare. One night she complained that her tummy was hurting. The next day we took her in to the doctor, who ran several blood tests. He said if she wasn't better the next day, that she would need a CT Scan, he suspected that she might have appendicitis. When she was still in pain, the next day, I took her in for the CT Scan, and sure enough, her appendix was about to burst. We are grateful that it hadn't ruptured yet. They were able to perform the surgery laproscopically, so she just has 3 tiny incisions, and was able to go home the same day. She had to take it easy for a few weeks, but she is now back 100%. Here she is just before the surgery holding the stuffed animal the nurses gave her. She was a trooper, even though Jason and I could tell she was scared, she was very mature.
We are glad she is feeling better. We are so grateful for her and her fun spirit that she adds to our family. We love you Hannah!


2 comments:

  1. Aspen turned 12 last October. I couldn't believe it! Sierra will be 12 in December. I'm so excited for her to go to Girl's Camp. She's gonna have so much fun. Glad to hear she is feeling better...how scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Hannah Banana is ok! Please send her our love. I miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete